This impressive grade II listed building has a long local history. Formerly a Methodist Church built in 1856, in WWII it became an air raid assembly point and for many years was the meeting place of the local old age pensioner association, until its ruinous state of repair made it impossible to maintain.
Boys’ came to the rescue, lovingly restoring the building and maintaining all its fine external features. We created a purpose built conference and banqueting suite, together with modern office facilities for leading local businesses. And we made sure the organisation, now known as the Senior Citizens Association, retained its rights for usage. A win for an aesthetically fine building, a win for local business and a win for the neighbouring community.